What Exactly is Jade Roller?
For the unfamiliar, a jade roller is pretty much what it sounds like: a hand-size, paint-roller-like apparatus with a cylinder of jade stone at one end.Simply put, a jade roller is a beauty tool made of gemstones that's used for face massage. Jade rollers are said to have been a part of beauty routines among Chinese elites since the Qing dynasty.
What Exactly is Gua Sha?
“Gua Sha,” which directly translates to “scraping” in Chinese, is an ancient east Asia healing practice in which a practitioner takes a flat tool and, using a generous amount of pressure, pulls it across the skin to increase blood flow. It was originally intended to break up stagnant energy, called chi, and promote internal healing. Now, Gua Sha is used to help drain the lymphatic system, ease muscle tension, and help with symptoms of chronic pain, many of which are tied to inflammation.
1. After cleansing and toning, smooth a few drops of facial oil into your skin to help the Facial Roller glide with ease.
2. Begin rolling by starting at the center of your face, under the eyes and cheekbones, moving out towards your hairline in short, gentle strokes.
3. Move down to your jawbone, still working in short strokes, starting at the chin, and moving out toward the bottom of your ears.
4. Roll above your eyebrows and forehead in an out and up motion. Use the smaller roller around your eyes and take extra care in this area.
5. Finally, very gently roll down the sides of your neck and towards the center of your clavicle.
6. Place the stone in the refrigerator before use for extra cooling effects.
How to use an Gua Sha?
4. Work the tool in small horizontal strokes over the brow bone to lift, or hold and press upwards between the brows to release tension.
5. Stroke down the neck, never upwards, to drain fluid.
6. If you want to reduce puffiness, work lightly, then more firmly, to relax muscles.
When should I use Jade Roller and when Gua Sha ?
Gua Sha - We suggest to use Gua Sha for main purposes of:
- Promoting lymphatic drainage
- Reducing puffiness and fluid buildup
- Relieving facial and jaw tension
- Aids in circulation to give skin a glow
- Firm and lift the face over time
- Applying products ( serums/creams/oils/masks)
- Soothing the skin
- Reducing puffiness
- Reducing the appearance of under eye circles
- Stimulating the lymphatic system
- Tightening pores
How often should I use Gua Sha & Roller?
We recommend a minimum of two to five times a week. It could take you five minutes on each side by simplifying and doing the most basic routine, which still yields beautiful results or you can take your time and focus more on areas of concern.
How do I clean my Jade Roller & Gua Sha tool and where should I store it?
After each use, you can wash your Jade&Gua tools with warm water and a gentle soap. You can then dry the tools with a soft, microfiber cloth.
Our special design box is the perfect compartment for your tools to be housed in. Please make sure your tools are completely dry before storage!
For an added cooling effect, Jade Roller & Gua Sha can be kept in the fridge.
What is the difference between Jade, Rose Quartz , Amethyst , Blue Jasper, Blue Opalite , Black Obsidian & Lapis Lazuli?
Amethyst - Reduce inflammation and increase circulation - Stress relieving - Promote relaxation - Helps to oxygenate the skin.
Blue Jasper - Brings tranquility and wholeness - Provides protection and absorbs negative energy - Stress relieving.
Blue Opalite - Promotes blood circulation - Reduces puffiness - Stress relieving.
Black Obsidian - Promote balance and inner-peace - Has healing powers - Improve your mental well-being
Lapis Lazuli - Multi-dimensional cellular healing - Helps to oxygenate the skin.